2. Shelf edge influence
The shelf edge is one of the most important sales influencers. Most purchases are made at this point — so you want to make sure your pricing information is accurate.With paper labels, changing pricing information is prone to human error. It’s also a slow process, and by the time you finish re-labeling, prices might have changed again online.With ESLs though, these changes are easy, so you can capture more sales at the shelf edge. You can react competitively to price changes, enable instant promotions, track what promotions work, and protect margins on time-sensitive stock. You can even create offers based on where a specific customer is standing in the store with just a few clicks.
3. Enhance your omnichannel experience
It’s no secret that omnichannel is the future of retail. According to Planet Retail, 67% of consumers feel that technology improves their shopping experiences. How do ESLs help you build a successful omnichannel experience? ESLs enable you to interact with your customers in ways that were previously impossible:
• Display stock levels so customers know whether the supply is limited
• Display online prices of competition so consumers can trust you when you say you have the best price
• Enable simple ordering with QR codes
• Display reviews of products, so shoppers can understand